Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Position Overview: Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will support the senior leadership team performing a range of administrative and office support functions. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant will directly contribute to increasing JA’s capacity to inspire and prepare youth to achieve their greatest potential and realize economic mobility.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Manage the organization’s front desk providing exceptional customer experience by welcoming guests, answering phones, accepting deliveries, etc.
•Provide administrative support to the senior leadership team. Areas of support include scheduling meetings, creating win-win situations for direct access to the senior leadership’s time and office, maintaining organization primary calendar, managing incoming and outgoing phone calls, drafting
correspondence, creating spreadsheets and presentations, preparation of expense reports, mailing letters & packages, establishing and maintaining electronic and paper files, copying, etc.
•Assist in the management and administration of special projects, as assigned
•Prepare, manage, and disseminate materials and communications for all Board of Director and committee meetings including agendas, minutes, supporting documentation, presentations, etc.
•Document correspondence, activity, future actions, and contact information in CRM database.
•Manage meeting rooms including scheduling, refreshments, technology needs, etc.
•Coordinate travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
•Assist with basic bookkeeping tasks
•Ensures materials and reports for signature are accurate and complete; proofreads and checks materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with organization standards, policies, and procedures.
•Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
• Highly organized, and highly detail-oriented with strong project management skills; able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
• Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Associates Degree and at 3 years of related experience or at least 5 years of executive assistant experience*
• Strong work tenure: 3 to 5 years of experience supporting an executive team*
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills*
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail*
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines*
• Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite*
• Passion for and familiarity with the nonprofit sector and Junior Achievement mission*
• Experience working with a CRM system or relational database. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or BCRM, a plus
• Prior nonprofit experience a plus